Friday, May 1, 2015

Combat Carl!

 COMBAT CARL

 COMBAT CARL

 COMBAT CARL

 ALIEN HUNTER

 ALIEN HUNTER

COMBAT CARL / CARL WEATHERS

 I just recently saw Pixar's "Toy Story of Terror" TV special ( forgot about it when it originally came out ) and just loved all the "Predator" movie reference, especially Carl Weathers aka: Combat Carl. The whole show was a kid friendly "Predator" movie, right down to the "Over Here" whisper and being hunted by a giant lizard. Even Combat Carl's hand was missing and in the "Predator" movie, Carl Weathers character had his hand ( actually his arm )  blown off by the Predator. 

I loved it so much, I did this small sample of a "Combat Carl" toy line in classic G.I. Joe style right after watching the special. Also made his enemy villain the classic Predator for him to fight until the end of time.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is awesome! I'm a big fan of the actor. However, I need someone to help me out. The missing hand/arm. Another Weathers' character, Chubbs from Happy Gilmore, had an artificial right arm. Are these all references to Predator? Or is there some inside joke that no one knows about?

Phil Postma said...

I'm pretty sure they are all from Predator. He is not in it enough to make jokes about other movies Carl Weathers was in.

AaronNicewonger said...

The missing right hand being bitten off by a lizard is in fact a reference to Happy Gilmore.
Check out the Pixar/Toy Story wiki.
There were a bunch of references for Combat Carl.